MEMORIAL OF OUR LADY OF SORROWS




O God come to my assistance. Lord make haste to help me.

Glory be to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Alleluia

Ant.        Let us adore Christ, the Saviour of the world,
              who called his mother to share in his passion.

Ant.        My soul cling to you, Lord Jesus Christ

Psalm 63:2-9 A soul thirsting for God

O God, you are my God; at dawn I seek you, for you my soul is thirsting.
For you my flesh is pining, like a dry, weary land without water.
I have come before you in the holy place, to behold your strength and your glory.

Your loving mercy is better than life, my lips will speak your praise.
I will bless you all my life, in your name I will lift up my hand.
My soul shall be filled as with a banquet; with joyful my mouth shall praise you.

When I remember you upon my bed, I muse on you through the watches of the night.
For you have been my strength, in the shadow of your wings I rejoice.
My soul clings fast to you; your right hand upholds me.


Ant. 2     Let us rejoice that we have been made sharers in Christ’s passion

Cant. Daniel 3:57-86
 
Bless the Lord, all you works of the Lord, praise and highly exalt him for ever.
Heavens, bless the Lord, praise and highly exalt him for ever.

Angels of the Lord, bless the Lord, praise and highly exalt him for ever.
All waters above the heavens, bless the Lord, praise and highly exalt him for ever.

All powers of the Lord, bless the Lord, praise and highly exalt him for ever.
Sun and moon, bless the Lord, praise and highly exalt him for ever.

Stars of heaven, bless the Lord, praise and highly exalt him for ever.
Every shower and dew, bless the Lord, praise and highly exalt him for ever……

Ant. 3     It has pleased the Father to reconcile all creation in himself through the blood of Christ

Sing a new song to the Lord, his praise in the assembly of the faithful.
Let Israel rejoice in its Maker, let Zion’s children exult in their king.
Let them praise his name with dancing, and make music with timbrel and harp.

For the Lord takes delight in his people, he crowns the poor with salvation.
Let the faithful rejoice in glory, shout with joy on their couches.
Let the praise of God be in their mouths, and a two-edged sword in their hand.

Reading: I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I am filling up what is lacking in the afflictions  of Christ on behalf of his body, which is the church, of which I am a minister in accordance with God’s stewardship given to me to bring to completion for you the word of God.    Col. 1:24-25

Responsory: Through you we drink from the wellsprings of salvation, 
O Blessed Virgin Mary.

Benedictus Ant. Rejoice, O sorrowful Mother; after your great sufferings, you shine forth as Queen, enthroned   beside your Son.

Prayer:   Father, as your Son was raised on the cross, his mother Mary stood by him sharing his sufferings. May your Church be united with Christ in his suffering, where he lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY