ORDINARY TIME AND LENT YEAR C

SECOND SUNDAY TO FIFTH SUNDAY IN  ORDINARY TIME


2nd Sunday in ordinary time Gospel was on the Wedding in Cana of Galilee where Jesus, and his mother were invited.  His first miracle was performed by the request of his Holy Mother.

I believe Jesus want us to know the importance of obedience to out parents and equally to let us know that he will do anything for us if we get his mother involved.

3rd Sunday Jesus by reading the book of Isaiah in the synagogue showed us his manifestos (his plan of Action).  This he began in collaboration with the Holy Spirit.

4th Sunday Jesus met with opposition from the elders and his own people who under estimated his power, his  capability, and his ability.

We too are expected to be opened in receiving the word of God, if we are bias because we are familiar with who ever God have appointed to lead us, we will miss out.  It equally applies to our ordinary lives in dealing with each other and having respect for   
                                                      people irrespective of status and background.



5th Sunday Jesus got into a boat and  taught the crowd, he then recruited his first apostles after teaching the crowd.  In all the readings 1st and 2nd reading and the Gospel, we saw God's Mercy toward sinners.  All those called acknowledged their frailties and weaknesses as sinners.  This will then usher us to LENT,  encourage us to know  that God is always on the look out for us.  We should go to him in confidence in our weaknesses we will find strength.

ASH WEDNESDAY BEGINNING OF LENT

TEACH ME RESPECT


Help me, Lord,
To thank you every day for all the gifts you have given me.
Teach me to recognise my own limitations,
To refine myself and develop all my abilities,
not to waste or squander them.
Help me to respect myself and others.
I need patience with myself, with my family and friends.
Help me Lord.

Turn to me and be converted from all your crimes, that they may be no cause of guilt for you.
 Cast away from you all the crimes you have committed, and make for yourselves a new heart and a new spirit.  Why should you die, O house of Israel? For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone who dies, says the Lord God.  Return and live.  Ezekiel 18:30-32


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY