GLORIALITURGY

As we celebrate and offer our daily offerings in our daily Mass on God's Altar in remembrance of Christ Sacrifice, may God destroy every evil altar in our homes, families and lives.

Wednesday 7 December 2022

THOSE WHO HOPE IN THE LORD WILL RENEW THEIR STRENGTH

WEDNESDAY WEEK TWO OF ADVENT
Reading Isaiah 40:25-31 The Lord strengthens the powerless
 
‘To whom could you liken me and who could be my equal?’ says the Holy One. Lift your eyes and look. Who made these stars if not he who drills them like an army, calling each one by name? So mighty is his power, so great his strength, that not one fails to answer. Universalis

How can you say, Jacob, how can you insist, Israel, ‘My destiny is hidden from the Lord, my rights are ignored by my God’? Did you not know? Had you not heard? The Lord is an everlasting God, he created the boundaries of the earth. He does not grow tired or weary, his understanding is beyond fathoming. He gives strength to the wearied, he strengthens the powerless.

Young men may grow tired and weary, youths may stumble, but those who hope in the Lord renew their strength, they put out wings like eagles. They run and do not grow weary, walk and never tire. 

Gospel Matthew 11:28-30 My yoke is easy and my burden light
 
Jesus said, ‘Come to me, all you who labour and are overburdened, and I will give you rest. Shoulder my yoke and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Yes, my yoke is easy and my burden light.’ CDR
 
God my Father in heaven, none is your equal, you alone are Holy. You made the stars calling one by name. Awesome God, mighty in power, you are great. Father you are Supreme, Lord everlasting God who created the boundaries of the earth. Father you do not grow tired or weary. Your understanding is beyond fathoming. Father you give strength to the wearied and strengthens the powerless. Father  I place all my my hope in you. Those who hope in you shall renew their strength, they shall mount on eagle’s wings, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and never faint, for in you shall they find strength.
 
I come before you Jesus Christ my Lord and Redeemer, I lay my burden before you. In you Lord I find rest. Make me like you, teach me Lord I want to learn, make me gentle, meek and humble in heart. True Lord, your yoke is easy and your burden light. Come Lord Jesus rule over me.

Saint Ambrose, Bishop and Doctor of the Church: pray for you on your birthday today. Pray the Holy Rosary. Jesus I trust in you. Saint Joseph pry for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Protect and guard me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

TOUT CE QUE VOUS DEMANDEREZ EN MON NOM, JE LE FERAI

SAMEDI, 4ÈME SEMAINE DU TEMPS PASCAL: AELF Quand vous me demanderez quelque chose en mon nom, moi, je le ferai Première Lecture Actes 13...

GLORIA LITURGY