GLORIALITURGY

As we celebrate and offer our daily offerings in our daily Mass on God's Altar in remembrance of Christ Sacrifice, may God destroy every evil altar in our homes, families and lives.

Thursday 15 December 2022

THE LORD WILL TAKE PITY ON US

THURSDAY 3RD WEEK OF ADVENT
Reading Isaiah 54:1-10 With great love I will take you back

Shout for joy, you barren women who bore no children! Break into cries of joy and gladness, you who were never in labour! For the sons of the forsaken one are more in number than the sons of the wedded wife, says the Lord. Widen the space of your tent, stretch out your hangings freely, lengthen your ropes, make your pegs firm; for you will burst out to right and to left. Universalis

Your race will take possession of the nations, and people the abandoned cities. Do not be afraid, you will not be put to shame, do not be dismayed, you will not be disgraced; for you will forget the shame of your youth and no longer remember the curse of your widowhood. For now your creator will be your husband, his name, the Lord of Hosts; your redeemer will be the Holy One of Israel, he is called the God of the whole earth. Yes, like a forsaken wife, distressed in spirit, the Lord calls you back.

Does a man cast off the wife of his youth? says your God. I did forsake you for a brief moment,  but with great love will I take you back. In excess of anger, for a moment I hid my face from you. But with everlasting love I have taken pity on you, says the Lord, your redeemer. I am now as I was in the days of Noah when I swore that Noah’s waters should never flood the world again.

So now I swear concerning my anger with you and the threats I made against you; for the mountains may depart, the hills be shaken, but my love for you will never leave you and my covenant of peace with you will never be shaken, says the Lord who takes pity on you.

Gospel Luke 7:24-30 'A prophet, and much more than a prophet'
 
When John’s messengers had gone, Jesus began to talk to the people about John. ‘What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed swaying in the breeze? No? Then what did you go out to see? A man dressed in fine clothes? Oh no, those who go in for fine clothes and live luxuriously are to be found at court! Then what did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I tell you, and much more than a prophet: he is the one of whom scripture says: evangeli
 
See, I am going to send my messenger before you;
he will prepare the way before you.
 
‘I tell you, of all the children born of women, there is no one greater than John; yet the least in the kingdom of God is greater than he is. All the people who heard him, and the tax collectors too, acknowledged God’s plan by accepting baptism from John; but by refusing baptism from him the Pharisees and the lawyers had thwarted what God had in mind for them.’

Loving Father, take pity on us. Do not be put us to shame, remove our reproach, may we not be humiliated. God of Host our Redeemer come save us your children. Do not cast us away nor forsake us. Bring us you back and abide with us.  We have sinned against you, take pity on us. Father, may your anger relent, do not hide you face from us. Your love is everlasting, eternal Father take pity on us. Remember your promise Father, that your love will forever remain with us, and your covenant of peace will abide with us. Father take pity on us.

Lord Jesus Christ our Savior, come Emmanuel. Jesus I trust in you. Pray the Holy Rosary. Mary our Mother pray for us. Saint Joseph pray for us. God’s Holy Angels and Saints pray for us. My Angel Guardian protect and defend me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

TOUT CE QUE VOUS DEMANDEREZ EN MON NOM, JE LE FERAI

SAMEDI, 4ÈME SEMAINE DU TEMPS PASCAL: AELF Quand vous me demanderez quelque chose en mon nom, moi, je le ferai Première Lecture Actes 13...

GLORIA LITURGY