GLORIALITURGY

As we celebrate and offer our daily offerings in our daily Mass on God's Altar in remembrance of Christ Sacrifice, may God destroy every evil altar in our homes, families and lives.

Thursday 2 December 2021

THE HOUSE ON A SOLID ROCK

THURSDAY THE 1ST WEEK OF ADVENT YEAR C
PRAYER BEFORE HOLY MASS  Act of Love before Mass 

O my God, I love Thee with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and with no other desire than to be inseparably united to Thee. It is through Thy Divine Son that this union is about to be realized within me. In Holy Communion I long to identify myself with Him, that it will no longer be myself, but Him, who lives in me; and when I have received Jesus within myself, then I shall love and be loved by Thee in that same measure, in which I am united to Him. Hasten then, to give me.
Readings Lectures Reflection
First Reading Isaiah 26:1-6

Open the gates; let the upright nation come in
That day, this song will be sung in the land of Judah:
We have a strong city; to guard us he has set wall and rampart about us. Open the gates! Let the upright nation come in, she, the faithful one whose mind is steadfast, who keeps the peace, because she trusts in you. Trust in the Lord for ever, for the Lord is the everlasting Rock; he has brought low those who lived high up in the steep citadel; he brings it down, brings it down to the ground, flings it down in the dust: the feet of the lowly, the footsteps of the poor trample on it.

Responsorial Psalm
Blessed in the name of the Lord is he who comes

Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia!
Seek the Lord while he is still to be found,
call to him while he is still near.
Alleluia! Is.55:6

Gospel Matthew 7:21,24-27

The wise man built his house on a solid rock
Jesus said to his disciples: ‘It is not those who say to me, “Lord, Lord,” who will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the person who does the will of my Father in heaven. Therefore, everyone who listens to these words of mine and acts on them will be like a sensible man who built his house on rock. Rain came down, floods rose, gales blew and hurled themselves against that house, and it did not fall: it was founded on rock. But everyone who listens to these words of mine and does not act on them will be like a stupid man who built his house on sand. Rain came down, floods rose, gales blew and struck that house, and it fell; and what a fall it had!’

Lord Jesus Christ you are the Solid Rock for anyone who listens  to your words and act on them sensibly will enter God's heavenly Kingdom. You are the way, the truth and the light that will bring us to our heavenly Kingdom. May our ears be opened to hear your words, our hearts be willing to accept your words and to act on them. We shall be upright, faithful with steadfast mind, and are peaceful, for we trust in you. we put our trust in the Lord, for the Lord is the everlasting Rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

TOUT CE QUE VOUS DEMANDEREZ EN MON NOM, JE LE FERAI

SAMEDI, 4ÈME SEMAINE DU TEMPS PASCAL: AELF Quand vous me demanderez quelque chose en mon nom, moi, je le ferai Première Lecture Actes 13...

GLORIA LITURGY