GLORIALITURGY

As we celebrate and offer our daily offerings in our daily Mass on God's Altar in remembrance of Christ Sacrifice, may God destroy every evil altar in our homes, families and lives.

Wednesday 9 March 2022

CALL TO REPENTANCE

FIRST WEDNESDAY OF LENT
LET EVERYOE RENOUNCE HIS EVIL BEHAVIOUR
PRAYER BEFORE HOLY MASS  Act of Love before Mass 
O my God, I love Thee with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and with no other desire than to be inseparably united to Thee. It is through Thy Divine Son that this union is about to be realized within me. 

In Holy Communion I long to identify myself with Him, that it will no longer be myself, but Him, who lives in me; and when I have received Jesus within myself, then I shall love and be loved by Thee in that same measure, in which I am united to Him.

Hasten then, to give me Thy Divine Son, at the hands of Thy priest, that through Jesus, I may unite myself forever to Thee, O God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit.

First Reading(s) Jonah 3:1-10  The Ninevites repent, and God spares them

The word of the Lord was addressed to Jonah: ‘Up!’ he said ‘Go to Nineveh, the great city, and preach to them as I told you to.’ Jonah set out and went to Nineveh in obedience to the word of the Lord. Now Nineveh was a city great beyond compare: it took three days to cross it. Jonah went on into the city, making a day’s journey. Lectures

He preached in these words, ‘Only forty days more and Nineveh is going to be destroyed.’ And the people of Nineveh believed in God; they proclaimed a fast and put on sackcloth, from the greatest to the least. The news reached the king of Nineveh, who rose from his throne, took off his robe, put on sackcloth and sat down in ashes. A proclamation was then promulgated throughout Nineveh, by decree of the king and his ministers, as follows: 

‘Men and beasts, herds and flocks, are to taste nothing; they must not eat, they must not drink water. All are to put on sackcloth and call on God with all their might; and let everyone renounce his evil behaviour and the wicked things he has done. Who knows if God will not change his mind and relent, if he will not renounce his burning wrath, so that we do not perish?’ 

God saw their efforts to renounce their evil behaviour, and God relented: he did not inflict on them the disaster which he had threatened.

Responsorial Psalm: A humbled, contrite heart, O God, you will not spurn

Gospel Luke 11:29-32: As Jonah became a sign to the Ninevites, so will the Son of Man be a sign

The crowds got even bigger, and Jesus addressed them: ‘This is a wicked generation; it is asking for a sign. The only sign it will be given is the sign of Jonah. For just as Jonah became a sign to the Ninevites, so will the Son of Man be to this generation.

On Judgement day the Queen of the South will rise up with the men of this generation and condemn them, because she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and there is something greater than Solomon here.'

On Judgement day the men of Nineveh will stand up with this generation and condemn it, because when Jonah preached they repented; and there is something greater than Jonah here.’ Reflections

Your Birthday Saint: Saint Frances of Rome, Religious. May she pray for you as you celebrate your birthday.

God my Father you alone are God. You are Supreme. Father you delight in my well being. You desire me to live a good and holy life for my preservation. Father your mercy and love enfolds me. You desire that I should be saved from eternal damnation. In every generation loving Father you send your prophets, your messengers to remind your creatures your law for their preservation here on earth and for eternity.

Your mercy, compassion and love never depart from us Father. Yur love is enduring. You desire our freedom from bondage and slavery of sin. You sent your Son Jesus Christ to teach us and to show us the way to righteouness. Do not condemn us God our Father. May we hear your call to repentence. May we listen, obey and follow Jesus Christ. Father remove every doubt on Christ Supremacy over all creation for Chirst Reigns. Jesus Christ is God's image. In this Season of Lent bring us back to you. God our Father transform our leaders, transform us, create in us a humble and contrite heart. 

Lord Jesus Christ thank you for loving me. Jesus I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me, Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Holy Angels pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Guide and guard me. Be my protection. 

Pray the Holy Rosary: Blessed Virgin Mary, Queen of Peace pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

JÉSUS LE PAIN VIVANT

JEUDI, 3ÈME SEMAINE DU TEMPS PASCAL : AELF Comme un agneau muet devant le tondeur Première Lecture Actes  8,26-40  « Voici de l’eau : qu...

GLORIA LITURGY