GLORIALITURGY

As we celebrate and offer our daily offerings in our daily Mass on God's Altar in remembrance of Christ Sacrifice, may God destroy every evil altar in our homes, families and lives.

Saturday 5 March 2022

A SPRING OF FLOWING WATER

SATURDAY AFTER ASH WEDNESDAY
I HAVE NOT COME TO CALL THE VIRTUOUS 
PRAYER BEFORE HOLY MASS  Act of Love before Mass 
O my God, I love Thee with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and with no other desire than to be inseparably united to Thee. It is through Thy Divine Son that this union is about to be realized within me. In Holy Communion I long to identify myself with Him, that it will no longer be myself, but Him, who lives in me; and when I have received Jesus within myself, then I shall love and be loved by Thee in that same measure, in which I am united to Him. Hasten then, to give me Thy Divine Son, at the hands of Thy priest, that through Jesus, I may unite myself forever to Thee, O God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit.

First Reading(s) Isaiah 58:9-14 You will be like a spring whose waters never run dry

The Lord says this: If you do away with the yoke, the clenched fist, the wicked word, if you give your bread to the hungry, and relief to the oppressed, your light will rise in the darkness, and your shadows become like noon. Lectures

The Lord will always guide you, giving you relief in desert places. He will give strength to your bones and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water whose waters never run dry.

You will rebuild the ancient ruins build up on the old foundations. You will be called ‘Breach-mender’, ‘Restorer of ruined houses.’ If you refrain from trampling the sabbath, and doing business on the holy day, if you call the Sabbath ‘Delightful’ and the day sacred to the Lord ‘Honourable’ if you honour it by abstaining from travel, from doing business and from gossip, then shall you find your happiness in the Lord and I will lead you triumphant over the heights of the land.

I will feed you on the heritage of Jacob your father. For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.

Responsorial Psalm: Show me, Lord, your way so that I may walk in your truth

Gospel Luke 5:27-32 Jesus comes not to call the virtuous, but sinners to repentance

Jesus noticed a tax collector, Levi by name, sitting by the customs house, and said to him, ‘Follow me.’ And leaving everything he got up and followed him. Reflections

 In his honour Levi held a great reception in his house, and with them at table was a large gathering of tax collectors and others. The Pharisees and their scribes complained to his disciples and said, ‘Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?’ Jesus said to them in reply, ‘It is not those who are well who need the doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the virtuous, but sinners to repentance.’

Your Birthday Saint: Saint John Joseph of the Cross, Priest. May he pray for you as you celebrate your birthday today.

My God I thank you for my being. Thank you Father for loving me. My Father, my God transform me. Father bend my heart to do your will. My God do away with the  yoke of clenched fist, wicked word. Give me a generous heart that cares for the hungry. A heart that brings relief to the oppressed. Father make my light rise in the darkness, and may my shadow become like noon. Father my God be my guide, my relief, my strength. Make me like a spring of water whose waters never run dry.

Father, my God be Lord over my life. May I honor you in everything I do. Lord Jesus Christ my healer, I come to you for healing. Heal me Lord from every sickness of sin. Heal me Lord spiritual, physical and financial. I need you Lord Jesus Christ in my life for I am a sinner. Transform me Lord.

Lord Jesus Christ thank you for loving me. Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Holy Angels pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Guide and guard me. Be my protection.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of Christ our Mother pray for us. Bring us to your Blessed Son Jesus Christ our Lord.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

JÉSUS LE PAIN VIVANT

JEUDI, 3ÈME SEMAINE DU TEMPS PASCAL : AELF Comme un agneau muet devant le tondeur Première Lecture Actes  8,26-40  « Voici de l’eau : qu...

GLORIA LITURGY